Seow, Choon-Leong. A Grammar for Biblical Hebrew. Revised Edition. Nashville, Tenn.: Abingdon Press, 1995.
- Begins inductive engagement of the Biblical text in Chapter 7 (of 30).
- Uses the regular verb qatal as paradigm verb instead of the traditional pa’al (II-guttural).
- Useful excurses covering root-finding, trope signs, reference grammars, poetic elements of Hebrew, etc.
- Organized into 30 chapters, thus easily parsed across two 15-week terms.
- Coordinating Handbook to A Grammar for Biblical Hebrew (Green, Lester, & Scrivner) available for use as an answer key.
- Does not explain reasons for or development of phenomena of Biblical Hebrew as well as some other grammars (e.g. Ross).
- Some elements need to be covered via supplementary materials, e.g. servile letters, vowel patterns tied to forms, etc.
- Answer key contains some errors.