This course will launch in September 2014. ContactIMTI to enroll.
This 12-week course will cover Biblical Aramaic Grammar and Exegesis. This is the language used for Daniel 2-7 and small portions of Ezra, Jeremiah, and Genesis, as well as the Elephantine Papyri, the Targumim and several other Jewish writings (both mainstream and Messianic). This course will work from the Ashuri block script form of Aramaic, which is also associated with Biblical Hebrew.
- A Hebrew Bible (some sections are in Aramaic).
- Holladay, William L. A Concise Hebrew & Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament based upon the Lexical Work of Ludwig Koehler and Walter Baumgartner. Grand Rapids. Mich.: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing, 1988. ISBN 978-0-8028-3413-3.
- Van Pelt, Miles V. Basics of Biblical Aramaic. Grand Rapids,Mich.: Zondervan, 2011. ISBN 978-0-3104-9391-4.
- Tice, Brian. (2014). “Biblical Aramaic Electronic Learning Tools.” Quizlet. Online: http://quizlet.com/class/1109900/
- Tice, Brian. Brief Background of the Aramaic Language. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Emunah BiY’shua, 2014.
- Tice, Brian. Differences Between the Aramaic of the Tanakh and that of the Targumim. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Emunah BiY’shua, 2014.
- Tice, Brian. Elephanitine Papyri Codification Project. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Emunah BiY’shua, 2014.
- Tice, Brian. Learning Biblical Aramaic (video series). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Emunah BiY’shua, 2014.
- Windsor, Lionel & Tice, Brian. Basics of Biblical Aramaic Flashcard Module. (macro-enabled excel program). 2014.