Professor Brian Tice, B.Sci., M.Sci.
- Semicha conferred on 11 May 2000
- 11 years as a Biblical counselor for terminally-ill children
- 10 years as a Biblical counselor for battered children
- 9 years teaching and tutoring Biblical Languages
- 6 years involved in Service Learning leadership
- 6 years as a professor of Tanakh Exegesis/Survey
- 4 years as a chazzan/worship leader and interim nasi
- 2 years as a synagogue moreh
- 6 years working with Habitat for Humanity (including as a board member)
- 6 years volunteering with Amnesty International
- 5 years as a youth mentor with Boys & Girls’ Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo
- 5 years as an elementary school tutor
- 3 years in homeless outreach ministry
- 2 years working with Colin Powell’s America’s Promise mentoring initiative
- Master of Divinity (emphasis: Messianic Rabbinics) in process, gpa: 3.87
- Master of Science in Higher Education (emphasis: Classical Hebrew Andragogy), gpa: 4.0.
- Bachelor of Science in Youth Ministry, Bible, and Ancient Languages, gpa: 3.48
- Additional study in Archaeology and Israelite Exhilic History at Tel Aviv University (Israel)
- Additional study in Philology and Elementary Education, gpa: 3.72
- Governor’s Commendation from Michigan Gov. John Engler for exemplary contribution to community and academic excellence (2001)
- Verna Miller Scholarship (2004-2005-2006)
- Cornerstone University Second Year Greek Language Award (2008)
- Grand Rapids Theological Seminary M.Div. Grant (2008-2009-2010)
Published Works (ordered chronologically)
- “And Prayer is Somehow Popular Again.” In Kevin Lavin, Editor. Azure & Amber. Owings Mills, Md.: Watermark Press, 2002.
- The Other Cassius Clay. Kalamazoo, Mich.: Rockhill Free Theatre, 2003.
- Parenting Adolescents: Developing the Heart, Mind, Soul, and Body of your Children. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Angel Net, 2007 (ebook).
- A 7-Day Devotional on the Song of Songs which is Solomon’s for Marriage-minded Couples. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Angel Net, 2009 (ebook).
- Reflecting on the Rabbis: Sage Insight into the First-Century Jewish Thought (Grand Rapids, Mich.: MJR Press, 2017). http://amzn.to/2rV7c6E
- Introduction to Granville Sharp, A Letter respecting some Particularities of the Hebrew Syntax (Grand Rapids, Mich.: MJR Press, 2017).
Works Pending Publication
- The Other Cassius Clay. Revised Edition. Anticipated for 2018.
- Reflecting on the Parasha: Sage Insight on the Weekly Torah Portion (contracted to MJR Press)
- An End to our Exile (not yet contracted)
- Hebrew Heritage (contracted to MJR Press)
- Jewish Involvement in the American Civil War (not yet contracted)
- Guest host, “Torah Foundations of our Faith,” Hebrew Nation Radio (11 Aug 2014) | archive
- Guest host, “Torah Foundations of our Faith,” Hebrew Nation Radio (29 Sep 2014) | archive | transcript
D’var Torah (bimah teachings)
- Pesach Seder (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, 4 Apr 2015) audio | transcript
- Parashat Lekh Lekha (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, Oct 2015) transcript
- Parashat Tetzaweh: A Kingdom of Barefoot Cohanim (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, 20 Feb 2016) audio | transcript
- Parashat Ki Tissa: The Debacle and the Tabernacle (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, 27 Feb 2016) audio | transcript (coming on 27 Feb 2016)