Professor Brian Tice, B.Sci., M.Sci.
- Master of Science (M.Sci.) in Higher Education (emphasis: Classical Hebrew Andragogy) from Kaplan University, gpa: 4.00.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sci.) in Youth Ministry and Bible, with a minor in Ancient Languages, from Cornerstone University, gpa: 3.48
- Additional study in Pastoral Ministry from Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, gpa: 3.83
- Additional study in Jewish Studies from Tel Aviv University (Israel) via Coursera, cum laude
- Additional study in Philology and Elementary Education at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, gpa: 3.72
- Governor’s Commendation from Michigan Gov. John Engler for exemplary contribution to community and academic excellence (2001)
- Distinguished Regional Officer recognition from Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (2001) while serving as Michigan Region PR-Historian
- Coca-Cola Scholars Award (2001)
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Award recognition from Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (2002) while serving as Alpha Rho Nu Chapter President at Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Verna Miller Scholarship (2004-2005-2006)
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (2008)
- Cornerstone University Second Year Greek Language Award (2008)
- Grand Rapids Theological Seminary M.Div. Grant (2008-2009-2010)
Published Works (ordered chronologically)
- “And Prayer is Somehow Popular Again.” In Kevin Lavin, Editor. Azure & Amber. Owings Mills, Md.: Watermark Press, 2002.
- The Other Cassius Clay. Kalamazoo, Mich.: Rockhill Free Theatre, 2003.
- Parenting Adolescents: Developing the Heart, Mind, Soul, and Body of your Children. Grand Rapids, Mich.: AngelNet, 2007 (ebook).
- A 7-Day Devotional on the Song of Songs which is Solomon’s for Marriage-minded Couples. Grand Rapids, Mich.: AngelNet, 2009 (ebook).
- Introduction to Granville Sharp, A Letter respecting some Particularities of the Hebrew Syntax (Grand Rapids, Mich.: MJR Press, 2017). http://amzn.to/2iX32bf
- Reflecting on the Rabbis: Sage Insight into the First-Century Jewish Thought (Grand Rapids, Mich.: MJR Press, 2017). http://amzn.to/2rV7c6E
Works Pending Publication
- The Other Cassius Clay. Revised Edition. Anticipated for 2018.
- Reflecting on the Parasha: Sage Insight on the Weekly Torah Portion (contracted to MJR Press)
- An End to our Exile (not yet contracted)
- Hebrew Heritage (contracted to MJR Press)
- Jewish Involvement in the American Civil War (tentative title, not yet contracted)
- Guest host, “Torah Foundations of our Faith,” Hebrew Nation Radio (11 Aug 2014) | archive
- Guest host, “Torah Foundations of our Faith,” Hebrew Nation Radio (29 Sep 2014) | archive | transcript
D’var Torah (bimah teachings)
- Pesach Seder (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, 4 Apr 2015) audio | transcript
- Parashat Lekh Lekha (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, Oct 2015) transcript
- Parashat Tetzaweh: A Kingdom of Barefoot Cohanim (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, 20 Feb 2016) audio | transcript
- Parashat Ki Tissa: The Debacle and the Tabernacle (Comstock Park, Mich.: Adat Eytz Chayim, 27 Feb 2016) audio | transcript (coming on 27 Feb 2016)
- Semikha as zaqen (elder) from Messianic Jewish Rabbinate (USA) conferred on 11 May 2000
- Semikha as rabbi from Ysharim USA conferred on 1 June 2016
- 11 years as a Biblical counselor for terminally-ill children
- 10 years as a Biblical counselor for battered children
- 9 years teaching and tutoring Biblical Languages (Classical Hebrew, Imperial Aramaic, and Koine Greek) and Sociolinguistics
- 6 years involved in Service Learning leadership
- 6 years as a professor of Jewish Studies
- 4 years as a chazzan (cantor)/worship leader and interim nasi
- 3 years as rosh yeshiva (academic dean) at Messianic Jewish Rabbinate Yeshiva, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- 2 years as a synagogue moreh (Torah teacher)
- 2 years as webmaster for Michigan Region of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- 1 year as PR-Historian for Michigan Region of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, honored in the top 3 Regional Officers internationally for 2001
- currently a manuscript analyst at Manuscript Research Group, Spring Lake, Mich.
- 11 years as volunteer coordinator with Little Mary’s Hospitality House
- 6 years working with Habitat for Humanity (including as an executive board member)
- 6 years volunteering with Amnesty International
- 5 years as a youth mentor with Boys & Girls’ Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo
- 5 years as an elementary school tutor at Navigator Academy in Kalamazoo, Mich.
- 3 years in homeless outreach ministry
- 2 years working with Colin Powell’s America’s Promise mentoring initiative
- currently a member of Shir Shalom community Jewish choir, Grand Rapids, Mich. and Temple Emanuel festival choir